||Emergency Medical Technician
Provide to the needs of the sick, injured and convalescent patient during transport to and from a medical facility at the BLS level. They are responsible for recording patient records, maintaining required certifications, cleaning and stocking
of ambulances and EMS stations and reporting defective equipment. They also dispatch and record the responses of EMS units, enter statistics and billing information, and perform general office duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Vaild Micigan State EMT License
- Valid Michigan drivers license, and a drivers record approved by the Medical Center's insurance agent
- CPR issued by Americal Heart Association or Red Cross
- BTLS, PHTLS, PEPPS or PALS preferred. (If not current must be obtained iwthin twelve (12) months of hire/transfer date.)
- A course in medical terminology and emergency dispatching
- One year of experience as an EMT
To provide a safe, healthy environment for our patients, employees and visitors, as of January 1, 2013 McLaren Bay will no longer hire individuals who use nicotine and will test for nicotine during the pre-employment
process. Individuals whose health screening results are verified positive for tobacco/nicotine use will be disqualified from employment, their job offer will be rescinded, and they will be disqualified from reapplying for employment for six (6)
months from the date of the health screening.