Williams International - The Power of Vision
Total Assurance Program
Ask a Question
Product Support Portals
Note from President
Who is WI
U.S. Benefits Overview
Why You Should Work for WI
Community - Michigan
Community - Utah
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
Special Processes Technician
Working within a team environment the Technician will have responsibility for the inspection of all types of processes, parts, and activities. These duties will require the use of manual measuring equipment, programming and operation of a coordinate measuring machine (CMM) and completion of First Article Inspections. He/she will participate in inspection and/or testing related activities to ensure that parts are manufactured in accordance with manufacturing standards and specifications. All Technicians are also responsible to ensure the continuous flow of materials and parts through the assigned Cell.
1. Performs inspections for first article and production readiness,
2. Manufacture and/or tests parts according to engineering and customer standards and specifications.
3. Maintain accurate and reliable documentation.
4. Perform inspection and/or testing related activities to ensure that parts are manufactured in accordance with manufacturing standards and blueprint specifications. Visually inspects parts to ensure they are free of burrs or damaged surfaces.
5. Maintain proper identification of parts per planning specifications and ensure that accurate and reliable records and documentation are maintained.
6. Communicate change of shift requirements to ensure team members receive accurate and reliable information and documentation.
7. Perform routine maintenance of machines and equipment operated.
8. Clean, organize and maintain cellular manufacturing work area in accordance with established standards.
11. Ensure the continuous flow of materials and parts through the Cell.
12. Adhere to all safety standards and regulations.
13. Strive to accomplish team goals and enhance the quality of machined parts through the reduction of scrap and improvement of throughput.
14. Perform other duties as assigned. *
High School or GED and a minimum of 2 years of inspection and CMM experience. The candidate will be able to read, understand and correctly interpret blueprints, planning and manufacturing specifications. Demonstrated working knowledge of machining and/or testing related mathematical concepts. Has basic knowledge of inspection requirements and techniques.
Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
(Note - must use a lift assist or assistance from other individual(s) when lifting in excess of 50 lbs.)
Must be capable of pushing or pulling a weight of 60 lbs.
Must have grip strength of at least 50 lbs.
Responsible for and accountable for product safety and the quality of work, including, as a minimum, all elements defined in the Company`s Quality Policy.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status is required.
Williams International is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, and protected veteran status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
If you are interested in applying for employment with Williams International and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position due to a physical and/or mental disability, please send an e-mail with your request to
. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Send This Job to a Friend