Williams International - The Power of Vision
Total Assurance Program
Ask a Question
Product Support Portals
Note from President
Who is WI
U.S. Benefits Overview
Why You Should Work for WI
Community - Michigan
Community - Utah
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
Working within a team environment, the Cell Specialist will have responsibility for the setup and operation of miscellaneous computerized numerical control (CNC) and/or manual machines. These include mills, lathes, grinders and EDMs. The Cell Specialist/Specialist will also ensure that machines are properly tooled and may be required to make recommendations to modify programs as appropriate.
1. Set-up and operation of CNC Lathe, CNC Mill, CNC EDM, other CNC machines experience beneficial (drills, grinders, hone, lap, deburr, etc.).
2. Machine and/or tests parts according to engineering and customer standards and specifications.
3. Maintain accurate and reliable documentation.
4. Participate in establishing manufacturing methods, including machine, test, material and tooling requirements, to ensure parts are machined according to engineering tolerances/specifications.
5. Perform inspection and/or testing related activities to ensure that parts are machined in accordance with manufacturing standards and blueprint specifications. Visually inspects parts to ensure they are free of burrs or damaged surfaces.
6. Provide input and recommendations for selecting, installing, and adjusting CNC and manual machine cutting tools to ensure they are consistent with type and size of material being machined.
7. Remove burrs, sharp edges, tool marks and other irregularities from machined parts to ensure they are in accordance with engineering blueprints, and tolerance requirements.
8. Maintain proper identification of parts per planning specifications and ensure that accurate and reliable records and documentation are maintained.
9. Communicate change of shift requirements to ensure team members receive accurate and reliable information and documentation.
10. Perform routine maintenance of machines and equipment operated.
High School or GED and a minimum of 2 years of CNC machining experience (must include lathe, mill, grinder, and EDM). Reads, understands and correctly interprets blueprints, planning and manufacturing specifications. Demonstrated working knowledge of machining and/or testing related mathematical concepts. Has basic knowledge of inspection requirements and techniques. Rough burrs machined parts. May train, provide guidance and assist in developing lower skill level team members.
• Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
(Note – must use a lift assist or assistance from other individual(s) when lifting in excess of 50 lbs.)
• Must be capable of pushing or pulling a weight of 60 lbs.
• Must have grip strength of at least 50 lbs.
Responsible for and accountable for product safety and the quality of work, including, as a minimum, all elements defined in the Company’s Quality Policy.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status is required.
Williams International is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, and protected veteran status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
If you are interested in applying for employment with Williams International and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position due to a physical and/or mental disability, please send an e-mail with your request to
. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Send This Job to a Friend