Williams International - The Power of Vision
Total Assurance Program
Ask a Question
Product Support Portals
Note from President
Who is WI
U.S. Benefits Overview
Why You Should Work for WI
Community - Michigan
Community - Utah
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
Engineer - Mechanical & Automation Design
Responsibilities of the Senior Mechanical & Automation Design Engineer include the following:
• Analyze internal customer product engineering drawings and specifications to conceptualize solutions illustrating equipment, tooling, and process sequencing
• Actively participate/contribute in group brainstorming sessions for process concepts.
• Generate CAD concept models of machines, fixtures and tools to be used as a base for quotation costing.
• Develop overall process layouts proposal support.
• Detail final concepts to a level that can be unambiguously conveyed to engineering teams and vendors for final costing through to physical build.
• Examine project instructions and drawings to determine test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment and problems involved in designing, changing or re-arranging materials.
• Review machine operations and machine sequences with programmers, as required.
• Organize documentation, including quotes, drawing registers, correspondence, requisitions, drawings, schedules, etc. on projects you are supervising.
• Assist/lead in the development of standard product offerings, including interfacing with engineering teams to insure involvement and acceptance.
• Liaise with internal customers and in-house technical and engineering staff.
• Liaise with vendors for technical information and specifications.
• Periodically supervise the mechanical design efforts on a project level, delegating tasks to a team of people and/or outside services
• Periodically oversees co-op students and Junior Designers on various projects.
• Work in compliance with applicable health, safety and environmental procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design
• 10 years' applicable design and engineering work experience
• Experience using CAD and experience with a 3D modeling program required (Auto Cad Siemens NX or Solid Works is preferred)
• Proficient in GD&T principles
• Familiar with manufacturing process tolerances and capabilities
• Must be able to effectively communicate on both large and small projects
• U.S. Citizenship is required
Williams International is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, and protected veteran status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
If you are interested in applying for employment with Williams International and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position due to a physical and/or mental disability, please send an e-mail with your request to
. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Send This Job to a Friend