Williams International - The Power of Vision
Total Assurance Program
Ask a Question
Product Support Portals
Note from President
Who is WI
U.S. Benefits Overview
Why You Should Work for WI
Community - Michigan
Community - Utah
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
Responsible for purchasing services and/or materials. Areas may include machined hardware, tooling, castings, standard hardware, maintenance, repair and operating items and capital equipment. Works to assure ISO9001 standards are maintained. Develop and maintain supplier relationships that are commensurate with WI standards including quality, price and delivery requirements.
1. Assures that all purchases are made to the best of his/her ability within budget.
2. Develops procurement plans for categories of goods purchased.
3. Procures items in accordance with procurement plans, issuing request for quotations from bidders in accordance with established bidder’s lists; places orders; acts as a liaison between company and suppliers; expedites purchases when/as necessary.
4. Stays current with new vendor processes for goods or services purchased.
5. Assists in identifying new suppliers with products or processes that may save time and money.
6. Negotiate delivery terms, quality, and price schedules with suppliers.
7. Monitors blanket purchase order expenditures and provides spreadsheet analysis as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or equivalent. Work involves practical job knowledge and skills gained with a minimum three years related work experience in areas such as purchasing, contracts, or material. Experience in manufacturing technologies and/or commodities is desired. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required. Expertise with MRP/ERP systems required. SAP experience preferred.
Responsible and accountable for product safety and the quality of work, including, as a minimum, all elements defined in the Company’s Quality Policy.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status is required.
Williams International is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, and protected veteran status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
If you are interested in applying for employment with Williams International and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position due to a physical and/or mental disability, please send an e-mail with your request to
. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Send This Job to a Friend