Williams International - The Power of Vision
Total Assurance Program
Ask a Question
Product Support Portals
Note from President
Who is WI
U.S. Benefits Overview
Why You Should Work for WI
Community - Michigan
Community - Utah
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
Special Processes Technician
Working within a team environment, the Cell Specialist will have responsibility for the operation, and inspection of all types of processes, parts, and activities including braze, acid etch, component assembly, etc. He/she will participate in inspection and/or testing related activities to ensure that parts are manufactured in accordance with manufacturing standards and specifications. All Cell Specialists are also responsible to ensure the continuous flow of materials and parts through the assigned Cell.
1. Operation and Inspection of all types including braze, acid etch, component assembly, etc.
2. Manufacture and/or tests parts according to engineering and customer standards and specifications.
3. Maintain accurate and reliable documentation.
4. Perform inspection and/or testing related activities to ensure that parts are machined in accordance with manufacturing standards and blueprint specifications. Visually inspects parts to ensure they are free of burrs or damaged surfaces.
5. Remove burrs, sharp edges, tool marks and other irregularities from machined parts to ensure they are in accordance with engineering blueprints, and tolerance requirements.
6. Maintain proper identification of parts per planning specifications and ensure that accurate and reliable records and documentation are maintained.
7. Communicate change of shift requirements to ensure team members receive accurate and reliable information and documentation.
8. Perform routine maintenance of machines and equipment operated.
9. Clean, organize and maintain cellular manufacturing work area in accordance with established standards.
High School or GED and a minimum of six months of directly related experience. Direct experience in braze and component assembly is preferred. Effective interaction with team members, customers and all levels of management. Reads, understands and correctly interprets basic blueprint drawings.
• Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
(Note – must use a lift assist or assistance from other individual(s) when lifting in excess of 50 lbs.)
• Must be capable of pushing or pulling a weight of 60 lbs.
• Must have grip strength of at least 50 lbs.
Responsible for and accountable for product safety and the quality of work, including, as a minimum, all elements defined in the Company’s Quality Policy.
Williams International is an Equal Opportunity Employer
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status is required.
Send This Job to a Friend