Williams International - The Power of Vision
Total Assurance Program
Ask a Question
Product Support Portals
Note from President
Who is WI
U.S. Benefits Overview
Why You Should Work for WI
Community - Michigan
Community - Utah
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
Assembly & Test Technician
Working within a team environment, the Technician will have responsibility for the assembly and disassembly of gas turbine engines and engine components. Must display effective interaction with team members, customer and all levels of management.
1. Performs assembly and disassembly of gas turbine engines using planning, tooling, workmanship standards and general instructions. Completes necessary engine paperwork as directed by planning, A&T Team Leader, Cell Leader and/or A&T engineer.
2. Conducts the visual inspection of engine hardware for damage, defects and wear both prior to and following engine test. Record any findings on the applicable forms.
3. Maintain accurate and reliable documentation.
4. Participate in establishing assembly methods, including tooling and planning.
5. Performs any necessary rework of engine hardware.
6. Communicate change of shift requirements to ensure team members receive accurate and reliable information and documentation.
7. Clean, organize and maintain cellular manufacturing work area in accordance with established standards.
8. Ensure the continuous flow of materials and parts through the Cell.
9. Adhere to all safety standards and regulations.
10. Participate in the training and development of other Cellular Assembly & Test Associates to promote the continuous quality improvement of Assembly & Test operations.
11. Strive to accomplish team goals and enhance the quality of delivered engines.
12. Performs other duties as required.
High School or GED and one of the following:
Current A&P License or 2 or more years directly related experience without A&P License.
Uses manual or robotic equipment to assemble engine and or test components such as interstage housing, gearbox housings and other assemblies. Perform engine ship preparation. Assists other cell members with Engine Assembly/Engine Test Cell Installation. May train, provide guidance and assist in developing lower skill level team members.
• Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
(Note – must use a lift assist or assistance from other individual(s) when lifting in excess
of 50 lbs.)
• Must be capable of pushing or pulling a weight of 60 lbs.
• Must have grip strength of at least 50 lbs.
Responsible for and accountable for product safety and the quality of work, including, as a minimum, all elements defined in the Company’s Quality Policy.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status is required.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
If you are interested in applying for employment with Williams International and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position due to a physical and/or mental disability, please send an e-mail with your request to
. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Send This Job to a Friend