||Facilities Assistant Manager
||PSECU, a high-tech progressive financial institution that is almost $5 billion in assets, is seeking a Facilities Assistant Manager responsible for assisting the Facilities Manager in the overall Facilities Management responsibilities. This position will
have specific oversight and responsibility for Remote Site Management including construction projects at those sites; Financial Center/Financial Education Center construction project management; Administration and Management of the Facilities Department work
order management applications; Occupational Safety Compliance and Training Programs for Facilities Staff; Maintain and record all applicable facility and system certifications, licenses, inspections, etc. Must develop a thorough knowledge of overall facilities
systems, procedures, and operations. Aid in the daily oversight and management of Facilities Operations. Must have a broad understanding of occupational safety compliance, the construction industry and the various trades within the building, construction and
maintenance fields. Must have the ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The ability to use good judgment and make decisions regarding their responsibilities, as well as to direct and supervise vendors and contractors under their purview
Benefits: We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits and great work environment. Along with excellent medical and retirement programs and a generous leave package, our workplace offers tuition reimbursement.
Employee Type: Full-time
Starting Salary: $53,286/year - $79,930/year , commensurate with experience
Schedule: Tuesday-Friday 9:00am- 5:00pm, Saturday 8:00am-4:00pm (Day off Monday)
Candidate must be bondable and credit worthy.
||DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Essential for this position:
• Manages facility operations and maintenance at all remote sites. Oversees vendors, maintenance and repairs at those sites. Assigns work to Facilities Specialist as necessary for these sites. Maintains vendor agreements, solicits bids for required work, issues
RFP’s as required.
• Ensures Facilities Operations, Staff and Vendors remain compliant with all applicable safety certifications, regulations and codes. Conducts or plans routine safety training sessions, maintains applicable records, etc. Maintains OSHA training requirements
• Maintains all facility related systems certificates, inspections and licenses for all locations.
• Manages construction projects at remote sites including Financial Centers/Financial Education Centers. Works with Marketing in developing Financial Center concepts and plans. Presents the plans to the respective University or Business being worked with to
gain approvals. Works with GC to develop final construction documents, acquire permits and implement construction plan and work within budgetary constraints. Works with overall PSECU team to coordinate all aspects of the project to assure successful outcome.
• Administers/Manages the work order management applications. Works with IT to maintain system updates and patches; administers changes/modifications/improvements to the system; ensures tickets are followed up on in a timely manner by all Facilities agents;
provides training to staff.
• Works with the Facilities Manager to develop a thorough understanding of systems and procedures associated with the critical systems necessary to operate the headquarters building. Works with the Facilities Manager to develop a broad understanding of overall
• Must be able to manage multiple, projects and assignments at one time and in an organized and systematic manner. Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks in a way that allows for maximum efficiency of time.
• Works with Facilities Manager to schedule, plan and oversee various projects and tasks regarding Facilities. Forward planning and development of the program of work and strategy for making the project happen. Preparing and keeping appropriate documentation
of work, schedules, plans, drawings, contracts, RFP’s, etc. Maintain good notes and records specific to each project.
• Must maintain an open line of communication with Supervisor, project members, vendors and team members to ensure that everyone involved stays with the program. Should display exceptional people skills and the ability to present ideas that contribute to a
• The ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment that contribute to a successful outcome. Good problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box are essential.
• Exercises good management and coaching skills with all parties involved with the project or task at hand.
• Ensures that the product/project being delivered by the vendor, contractor or contributor meets the standards and expectations of PSECU. Takes appropriate action to ensure that inadequate results are rectified in a timely manner.
• Ability to proficiently use such tools as Excel, Word and Visio. Is technically savvy and able to learn technical skills quickly.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Essential for all PSECU Management:
• Knowledge - Maintain required knowledge, skills and abilities in assigned area of expertise, including the laws, standards, fundamentals, methods, procedures, and techniques required for job. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of PSECU’s Collective Bargaining
Unit Agreement, processes, related business processes, and the business world outside PSECU. Maintain knowledge PSECU’s goals, culture, philosophy, products and services, bylaws, policies, and internal practices.
• Workflow Management - Manage time effectively; meet deadlines; and produce quality work requiring little or no review. Manage high volume of work assignments.
• Judgment - Exercise good judgment and appropriate decision making within scope of job.
• Communication - Effectively communicate with audience appropriate content and detail both verbally and in writing.
• Relationship Management - Maintain strong and effective interpersonal skills and effective working relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external. Demonstrate PSECUs Operating Principles of PRIDE (Partnership, Reliability, Improvement, Dedication,
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance as required for acceptable performance and accountabilities of this position.
• Maintain confidentiality, in particular with credit union account information, as well as other information designated as confidential.
• Responsible for the establishment and ongoing maintenance of an effective system of internal control within the scope of assigned job responsibilities.
• Must meet creditworthiness standards.
• Notify Human Resources in writing if convicted of a misdemeanor or felony involving dishonesty, breach of trust or violation of the Pennsylvania Credit Union Code (17 Pa. S. C. A. 101 et seq.) during the course of employment with PSECU.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Non-essential:
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Performs various facilities/grounds related projects and tasks as assigned. Must be able to lift and/or move heavy objects (minimum 50 pounds) and perform assigned manual labor as well as basic mechanical repairs.
• As part of the Facilities Team this position requires participation in snow removal duties when the weather dictates.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND SENSORY ABILITIES:
• Repetitive movement of hands and fingers, i.e., for typing or writing.
• Lifting and carrying containers weighing as much as 50 - 80 pounds, i.e., to/from building and vehicle, to a storage area, etc.
• Shoveling of snow or other similar activities/movements.
• Sitting for long periods of time, i.e., at a desk, in meetings.
• Ability to reach above, at and below the waist.
• Ability to reach above, at and below shoulder level.
• Occasional bending, kneeling, stooping and/or squatting.
• Visual acuity.
• Auditory acuity.
• This position may be advertised in the public media.
• Appointment to this position is not subject to the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Applicant may be required to complete one or more employment assessments and/or testing.
• Must have the ability to drive and possess a valid PA driver’s license. May need to use Privately Owned Vehicle for duties whenever necessary.
• Must carry auto insurance and provide proof of current insurance policy on a six-month basis coincident with renewal. The credit union carries employees as insured on its excess liability coverage. The coverage applies in excess of whatever liability insurance
the employee carries on his personal auto.
MINIMUM / PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Must possess experience and skills in the building trades (electrical, plumbing, mechanical, etc.) and be able to apply experience and skills to ongoing facilities projects and tasks,
2 years’ experience in Project/Construction Management and Occupational Safety,
Or 3 years’ experience with PSECU in a position requiring similar knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or Construction Management
Or Occupational Safety Certifications,
And 5 years’ experience in Project/Construction Management or Occupational Safety,
Or 3 years’ experience with PSECU in a position requiring similar knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Experience in: sales, customer service and architectural and/or interior design also a plus.
Or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend