Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
Summary: The Database Administrator is responsible for all activities related to database applications and the corresponding support systems of the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding of database management in an Enterprise environment
- Knowledgeable in database recovery and high availability
- Backup and recovery of data
- System health monitoring and proactive correction of issues
- Creation of jobs, stored procedures, and other database activities as needed
- Control of security of the database systems and how users interact with the data
- Migration of data based on the needs of the Company
- Time Management
- Documentation of all processes
- Documentation of systems
- Database backups and recovery
- Activity monitoring
- Ability to plan and execute implantations of new applications and systems
- Able to work well with all areas of Information Systems department
- Data Warehouse development and maintenance
- Data Mart development and maintenance
- SSIS and SSRS processes and procedures
- Database tuning
Four year degree in a technical field is required along with a completed MSDBA certification (or equivalent experience). 5 years in the Information Technology field performing increasingly complex tasks plus a minimum of 3 years of experience performing DBA duties and implementing new IS directives is required. Proven ability to complete and document projects on time.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and 5+ years’ related experience
Competencies, Working Skills and Attributes:
SQL 64-bit SQL 32-bit
ODBC connections SQL jobs, stored procedures, and views
Commvault SQL Clustering
Scripting SQL Monitoring and diagnosis
Visio Data and Table Relational Diagrams
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.