- Teach seven courses over Fall and Spring semesters including undergraduate and graduate (MBA) marketing and marketing related courses and possibly other business courses.
- Demonstrate an ability or potential for quality teaching, scholarly research, and service.
- Plan course syllabus and assignments for semester of study to meet Hood College and departmental curriculum requirements utilizing a variety of teaching techniques.
- Evaluate students' learning styles, interests, aptitudes, temperament, and individual characteristics to determine suitable level of instruction and assignments.
- Instruct students in course content and provide learning opportunities in and out of the classroom to achieve course objectives.
- Encourage class participation and provide assistance as appropriate to students in completing class assignments. Manage classroom interactions and establishes and maintains a climate that encourages learning.
- Critique performance on various assignments to measure the quality of learning, to build thinking skills, to challenge students’ assumptions, and to reinforce concepts, which may include practical application of new skills.
- Maintain regular office hours and contact with students as appropriate. Work with student to address problems and resolve issues.
- Accompany students on field trips or other off-campus learning opportunities as appropriate.
- Determine grades for assignments and for overall achievement in class. Provide appropriate documentation of grades to students and department as appropriate.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Conduct field specific research to enhance general body of knowledge and provide publication opportunities.
- Present research findings and other academic papers at national or professional conferences.
- Support and participate in college committees and/or professional organizations to develop professional partnerships and meet academic needs of the institution.
- Support the College initiatives to recruit and retain talented students.
- Act as an active member of the Hood College community.
Education and/or Experience
Candidates should have a MBA (preferred), and a doctorate in Marketing or in a closely-field from an accredited university. ABD’s will also be considered. Candidates must demonstrate an ability or potential for quality teaching, scholarly research, and service.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply on-line via our electronic application which requires submission of a cover letter addressed to the Marketing Faculty Search Committee specifically addressing the characteristics outlined in this announcement, together
with cover letter, curriculum vitae, recent writing sample, statement of teaching philosophy, recent teaching evaluations, graduate academic transcript(s), and three letters of recommendation. Candidates should arrange for three letters of recommendation to
be email to firstname.lastname@example.org and saved with the candidate’s name and the job requisition number as the file name. If electronic submission is not possible, the letters of recommendation (but not the other materials) may be mailed to Marketing Faculty
Search Committee, Department of Economics and Business Administration, Hood College, 401 Rosemont Avenue, Frederick, MD 21701. Screening will begin on January 15, 2017 and will remain open until a successful candidate is identified.
Visit our homepage (www.hood.edu) to learn more about Hood College.
The electronic application is found at the end of the job description on the lower right hand side, "Apply On-line".
Q: How do I upload required documents?
A: Please use the "Upload Resume" link to post each of your application documents (cover letter, CV, etc.) consecutively. After uploading a document, you must hit the back browser to upload the additional documents via the "Upload Resume" link.
Q: Did my application documents post successfully?
A: The system does not immediately show you that your document posted successfully. If you log out and then log in again, select “Edit Your Profile” and proceed to the “Upload Resume” screen, you may view the current files attached under the Upload Resume
screen. The preferred browser is Internet Explorer 10.
If you need assistance with the on-line application process, please email email@example.com or call (301) 696-3592.
Hood College is committed to diversity in its faculty and staff and subscribes to a policy of hiring only individuals legally eligible to work in the United States. An Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disability
Hood College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, religion, or age in recruitment, admission and access to, or treatment,
or employment in its programs, services, benefits, or activities as required by applicable laws including Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation
for disabled applicants and students. Inquiries about discrimination or reasonable accommodation should be referred to the Title IX and Section 504 Coordinator at Alumnae Hall, 401 Rosemont Avenue, Frederick, MD. 21701 (AD 312), (301) 696-3592. For complete
information on Hood College’s nondiscrimination policy, please visit http://www.hood.edu/non-discrimination/.