||Physician Assistant Surgical
||• Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned, including management of pre-op and post-op surgical patients admitted to Griffin Hospital.
• Assists attending surgeons with surgical procedures in the operating room.
• Provides assistance with admission and discharge of patients on surgical services.
• Provides surgical consults as needed for patients admitted to non-surgical services and for patients in the Emergency Department.
• Performs minor procedures, including central line placement, chest tube placement, gastric tube placement, and wound care.
• Provides regular communication with attending surgeons, consulting physicians and nursing staff as needed regarding patient care.
• Fulfills requirements of Griffin Hospital Surgical Department and Medical Staff to maintain privileges.