||Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) - Surgery-Vascular
Performs skilled and specialized technical procedures requiring the application of high frequency ultrasound waves and plethysmography.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
(1) Performs routine and emergency Duplex ultrasound and peripheral arterial/venous testing as requested by physician, and in accordance with standard practices.
(2) Performs routine and complex ambulatory monitoring studies as requested by physician and in accordance with standard practices.
(3) Performs routine and emergency non-invasive vascular procedures; uses aseptic technique.
(4) Operates equipment necessary to perform all required procedures and to obtain optimal diagnostic recordings; utilize ancillary devices such as selected transducers, audio- and video- recorders, computer systems, etc.
(8) Analyzes patient medical record to obtain history of symptoms and necessary information for performance of diagnostic procedures.
(9) Prepares patient records for review and interpretation by physician, including the selection, recording, cross-referencing of significant or representative studies.
(10)Maintains confidentiality of patients, employees, and corporation-related activities. (11)Participates in quality improvement activities: evaluate procedure results for technical quality and accuracy; maintain appropriate logs, files, and records.
(12)Maintains equipment in working order, making minor adjustments and repairs, performing routine cleaning and preventive maintenance; reports any equipment malfunction to department manager.
(13)Maintains all necessary supplies (ordering and stocking).
(14)Instructs students, nurses, or other allied health personnel as requested.
(15)Review department performance in relation to established goals, implementing changes to effect continual improvement in services provided; and assure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
(16)Performs other duties as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Graduation from high school or GED Experience. Three years of experience, to include one year of experience in Doppler and color flow Doppler, and two years of experience in other procedures (ABI, segmental pressures, segmental waveforms, transcutaneous
oxygen measurements). Must be a Registered Vascular Technologist.
• Considerable knowledge of vascular principles, procedures, techniques, and equipment involved in the performance of all above-named procedures.
• Must have at least two years of relevant clinical experience required.
• Considerable knowledge and ability to instruct others in vascular anatomy, physiology, and pathology, especially with regard to above-named procedures.
• Advanced knowledge of all procedures, sufficient to inform physician or nursing personnel in the event that abnormal results are obtained; ability to recognize and identify symptoms, exercise judgment, and react appropriately in emergency situations.
• Ability to understand the physical and psychological needs of the patient.
• Ability to accept responsibility for accuracy of studies, continually striving to improve the quality through continuing education.
• Working knowledge of safety procedures as required.
• Ability to work under moderate amounts of pressure for moderate lengths of time.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with physicians, nurses, patients, students, and other employees, gaining their confidence and cooperation.
Competencies Ability to input data into the computer, and analyze data as requested. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations.
Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
Supervision received daily from Technical Director (Vascular Lab) or physician (s)/PGA.
||Send This Job to a Friend