||Medical Assistant (Part-Time) - Reston Office - Surgery
||Position Summary: (PART-TIME)
To assist physician, nurses and patients by providing ambulatory medical care services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures, which may include pelvic exams, or other clinical procedures.
2. Obtains patient vital signs, to include height, weight, blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respiration.
3. Administers intramuscular injections as prescribed by the physician (this duty can only be performed after the incumbent has demonstrated competency by an RN or physician).
4. Performs a variety of patient testing and screening, which may include TB testing hearing and vision screening, EKG exams and similar functions.
5. May perform phlebotomy and some laboratory testing as assigned, to include receiving laboratory results and communicating test results to physicians and patients, explaining test procedures to patients and scheduling patients for follow-up tests or treatments
as directed by a physician or RN.
6. Completes various forms as required, to includes reviewing charts for accuracy and completeness of necessary data.
7. May assists with other support activities, to include packaging and sterilizing equipment and supplies, ensuring that expiration dates have not passes; taking inventory of supplies, equipment and medication; and triaging telephone calls and entering patient
information at the referral desk.
8. Maintains and improves knowledge and expertise through continuous training, to include CPR certification and sterilization techniques.
9. Communicates problems and concerns to supervisors, and provides input to support total quality improvement activities.
10. Assist in maintaining patient areas in a clean and safe manner.
11. Performs other work-related duties as requested.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school graduation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is necessary. Certification as a Medical Assistant, plus six months of general patient care experience is necessary.
Completion of an accredited program of education for practical nursing, plus a current Licensure as a Practical Nurse is necessary.
Close supervision is received on a daily basis from a Registered Nurse, or other in conjunction with nursing staff.
Typical Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Frequent mobility and/or sitting required for extended periods of time. Requires manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard, calculator, copier machine, and other office equipment
Typical Mental Demands:
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must have strong interpersonal
skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people at various levels within and outside the MFA. Ability to do math calculations, input data into the computer, and analyze data as requested.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Works in a clinical office setting.
||Send This Job to a Friend