||Senior Call Center Patient Service Specialist - Medicne
Schedules and registers Medical Faculty Associates, Inc. (“MFA”) patients while providing effective customer service during the appointment scheduling process. Also provides general information regarding Department of Medicine to callers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
• Answers incoming calls in professional manner following department guidelines.
• Manages calls in a personal, systematic and organized manner.
• Route calls internally using appropriate call center guidelines.
• Perform all registration for new patients and updates registration information for established patients.
• Schedule patient appointments, tests and procedures using a computerized scheduling system.
• Schedules, reschedules, cancels and verifies appointments.
• Prepares and mails appointment notices and patient information, as required.
• Provides patient instructions verbally or in writing in order for patient to prepare for appointment.
• Creates and generates task and directs to appropriate person based on content of message.
• Request sign language interpreter when appropriate.
• Receives, relays, and processes information regarding appointment cancellations for Department of Medicine.
• Respond to customer inquiries.
• Identify and escalate priority issues.
• Provide general information to callers regarding the Department of Medicine.
• Work with administrative assistants and other internal departments to efficiently and effectively resolve customer needs.
• Schedules appointments for advanced specialties and procedures, to include Cardiology testing and Endocrinology.
• Provides patient instructions verbally and in writing to patients to help prepare for appointment.
• Displays in depth knowledge of all necessary Medicine Specialty Divisions.
• Process request submitted by clinical staff and team members in appropriate Allscripts views.
• Ensures quality and safe delivery of health care services through accurate documentation.
• Able to research, analyze and schedule in first available view, schedule view and detail view of Touchworks.
• Has TST access and schedules TST appointments as directed.
• Schedules appointments for urgent care while following departmental guidelines.
• Assist with working administrative tasks generated by the providers under the supervision of the Management Team.
• Ability to review chart documents to determine needs of patients.
• Assess computerized medication log and process medication request as needed.
• Knowledge of medication names, use, etc.
• Create and generate referrals for patients as required.
• Ability to communicate with insurance companies by internet, fax, and phone in order to process request.
• Working knowledge of prescription and referral processes.
• ADD FUNCTIONS FOR RX AND REFERRAL TEAM
• Displays exemplary phone etiquette
• Focuses on and able to provide exemplary customer service.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Ability to perform at satisfactory levels in listening skills, and problem analysis
• Works collaboratively with members and staff across service lines.
• Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity towards patient/family rights.
• Complies with departmental standards regarding training, professional development, communication, management of workload, and safety/emergency situations.
• Ability to perform job duties at satisfactory levels using Allscripts and all other office programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school graduate or equivalent required; Knowledge of medical terminology or completion of medical terminology course. Two years of college is preferred.
Experience Internal Candidates:
A minimum of two years work experience in a medical/healthcare environment, such as a hospital, physician office, ambulatory clinic, or healthcare call center. Must have a minimum of 2 years call center experience. Experience utilizing a web-based computerized system for scheduling and Microsoft Office programs, Word and Excel, is required. Typing speed at a minimum of 45 WPM is required. At least 6 months MFA experience working as a PSS Call Center Advanced Scheduler, N13.
3-4 years work experience in a medical/healthcare environment, such as a hospital, physician office, ambulatory clinic, or healthcare call center. Must have a minimum of 2 years call center experience. Experience utilizing a web-based computerized system for scheduling and Microsoft Office programs, Word and Excel, is required. Must have working knowledge of insurance, processing prescription request, referral intake, etc. and possess developed problem solving skills. Typing speed at a minimum of 45 WPM is required.
Functional and administrative supervision is received from Call Center Supervisor and/or the Call Center Manager.
Typical Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires frequent sitting, standing, bending, or stooping for extended periods of time. Requires manual dexterity to operate phone system, computer keyboard, calculator, copier machine, and other office equipment.
Typical Mental Demands:
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must have strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people at various levels within and outside the MFA.
Ability to input data and analyze data as requested on a daily basis. Must be able to deal with a variety of emotions and frustrations while maintaining appropriate enthusiasm in calls. Emotional stability and professional demeanor are important attributes in this position. Must be able to handle conflict and patient concerns.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works in a call center office setting.
||Send This Job to a Friend