||Medical Office Assistant - AMG
||Provides administrative support and clinical assistance for Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and patients.
Essential Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Schedules patient appointments, tests and procedures using a computerized scheduling system; prepares appointment notices; provides patient instructions verbally or in writing in order for patient to prepare for appointment.
2. Obtains, document and verifies patient demographic, financial and insurance information using a computerized scheduling system.
3. Performs pre-registration activities to gather demographic information; determines medical insurance coverage; identifies patients with delinquent accounts; confirms appointments; and registers patients into a computerized system.
4. Performs patient appointment maintenance activities, as necessary, to assure patient appointment history is accurate.
5. Collects payment due at time of appointment as well as payments for unpaid balances; prepares receipts for all monies collected; provides copies for reception area, billing office and the patient.
6. Receives callers and takes messages as necessary.
7. Receives, sorts, opens and distributes mail.
8. Arranges, coordinates and schedules procedures and surgeries, including pre-operative testing, pre surgical and post-operative appointments, obtains insurance pre-certifications and authorizations
9. Mail out all clinical correspondence for physician(s)
10. Other miscellaneous administrative duties
1. Manage Call In/Rejected Rx task list
2. Reschedule bumped appointments
3. Scan information into charts and print information from electronic records when needed
4. Prioritize and complete all tasks with documentation if necessary reassign appropriately
5. Task or fax procedural reports, labs & reports to referring physicians
6. Check task list and process messages if necessary (Follow My Health etc.)
Essential Clinical Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for clinic patient flow, informing physicians of patients’ arrival and room assignment
• Rooming patients
Accompanies and/or assists patients to the exam room in a professional manner
Obtains patient vital signs, to include height, weight, blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respiration. Pulse oximetry if needed.
• Vital Signs
Able to perform using manual equipment and Welch Allen spot vital sign machine and import results to electronic medical record in a timely fashion
• Assist physicians during examinations and procedures
This includes setting up the exam room and preparing the patient
• May be required to take patient medical history if applicable per department
• May perform a variety of testing, diagnostic, and screening procedures
• Assists in explaining test procedures to patients
• Current in basic CPR/AED
Ability to calculate dosages (may be required to demonstrate via passing yearly written medication exam)
Administer medications (oral, intramuscular, subcutaneous, intradermal, inhalation, rectal, topical) using proper technique – this duty can only be performed after the MA has demonstrated competency to clinic RN yearly, if applicable per department.
• Communicates laboratory and test results to physicians and/or nurses
• May assist with other support activities, to include packaging and sterilizing equipment and supplies.
• Maintains patient areas clean and safe
• Maintains and improves knowledge and expertise through continuous training
Passes yearly Competency Based Objectives (CBO), if required by department.
• Must pass all tests in a maximum of two attempts, if required by department.
• Knowledge and performance of sterile techniques required.
• Performs other duties as assigned
||The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school graduation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is necessary. Certification as a Medical Assistant, plus six months of general patient care experience is necessary.
Three years of administrative experience in a fast-paced healthcare setting. Experience working with patient records, billing and scheduling in a clinical setting is needed for this position. Typing skill of 30 WPM is necessary. Two years of customer service
experience in a patient care environment, to include six months experience in patient scheduling, is preferred. Experience utilizing a computerized patient scheduling system or computer terminals is necessary. Familiarity with medical insurance and medical
terminology is preferred along with referral and prescription intake experience. Knowledge of IDX patient scheduling/ registration systems is preferred. Bi-lingual preferred.
||Send This Job to a Friend