||Adminstrative Assistant- UMC
Provides Administrative support and coordination for the Department of Emergency Medicine and Department of Medicine’s Hospitalist Program at United Medical Center (UMC), and is the liaison to administrative and support departments within UMC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
• Involved in Verifying, corrects and maintains a variety of financial and other business records and documents.
• Prepares or assists in preparing various reports and weekly and monthly due outs.
• Coordinates requests related to facilities working in collaboration with the appropriate support departments at UMC.
• Provides support and may assist directly with patient call backs.
• Processes requisitions for office supplies and equipment.
• Provides assistance with all activities associated with operations of the Emergency Medicine and Hospitalist services as directed by the Director of each service.
• Facilitates all activities related to on boarding and off boarding MFA providers and staff at UMC
• Answers telephone and give information to callers or routes call to appropriate person and places outgoing calls.
• Responsible for coordinating the scribe schedule in collaboration with vendor.
• Greets physicians, students, patients, and other visitors to the Department of Emergency Medicine.
• Schedules conference rooms, appointments, and arranges travel schedules and reservations.
• Composes and prepares routine correspondence for the department.
• Maintains files; sorts and files or shelves various materials according to standardized system.
• Inputs data into an accounting system for department expense reimbursements and invoices.
• Operates office machines not requiring prior skill or experience such as, photocopier, or reader.
• Other duties as assigned.
||The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education High school graduation or an equivalent combination of training and experience is necessary. Prefer degree in health services, accounting, or business administration.
Experience One or more years of administrative/ financial support experience is necessary. Proficiency with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, etc.) is required. Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive, confidential information.
Competencies Ability to do math calculations, input data into the computer, and analyze data as requested. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably
in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.