||Faculty Affairs Coordinator- EMED
Assist and support Department Chair, Operations Manager, and Practice Group Administrator in
administering faculty affairs for the Department of Emergency Medicine, including coordinating
recruitment efforts, maintaining department physician and advanced practice clinician licensure and
credentialing, managing faculty academic appointments and promotions, planning faculty and
departmental events and meetings, and assisting with departmental operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
1. Performs administrative assistance and related clerical duties for the Chair of Emergency Medicine:
Composes and prepares routine correspondence and publications for the department;
Schedules meetings/appointments and arranges travel schedules and reservations; and
Executes, tracks, and reports on department projects to the Chair, Practice Group Administrator,
and/or Operations Manager.
2. Manages all aspects of faculty employment, including the recruitment, credentialing, onboarding,
compliance tracking, University Faculty Affairs coordination (adhering to University and Federal
guidelines), and off-boarding of Department physician faculty and advanced practice providers, as well
as administrative support provided thereto.
3. Coordinates the University Annual Faculty Report process for the department, and supports the
Appointments, Promotions, and Tenure Committee by preparing all applications for faculty
appointment and promotion. Works with candidates to compile and draft documents for applications,
and counsels faculty on the process.
4. Acts as liaison with all credentialing offices and site/medical directors, and maintains an electronic
database to retain, track, and report on providers’ credentialing records and comply with site-specific
8. Maintains faculty CME records, and inputs data into an accounting system for faculty expenses and
5. Communicates with other University representatives, government agencies, student or alumni groups,
learned societies, accreditation bodies and other individuals or groups to exchange information, enlist
cooperation and implement departmental programs.
6. Plans, organizes, schedules and prepares materials for faculty meetings, departmental or University-wide activities such as graduation ceremonies, conferences and other faculty, student or alumni functions.
7. Participates in meetings with department managers to solve problems, report findings, and facilitate department workflows.
9. Maintains appropriate records, files and accounts, instituting or enforcing accountability and confidentiality procedures according to the nature of data being handled.
10. Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience is necessary.
Experience 3 years of administrative experience, including at least six months of business administration experience is necessary. Excellent word processing skills are necessary.
Competencies Ability to input data into the computer, and analyze data as requested. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations.
Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
||Send This Job to a Friend