||Clinical Nurse - Primary Care
||To provide consistent and proficient quality patient care in a variety of settings in the Department of Medicine. Patient care areas include General Internal Medicine, Specialty care areas, urgent care and telephonic medicine. To act as a resource person,
provide leadership and demonstrate problem-solving skills for medical assistants and other care providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
May be assigned to various practice areas. Dependent upon the area of assignment, performs all or a combination of the following:
• Applies the nursing process to evaluate patient health. This may include scheduled visits, walk-in patients and patient telephone calls to the practice.
• Assess patient health care status at the time of service. This includes chief complaint, past medical history, physical, psychosocial and cultural baselines, external support systems, and other issues that will impact upon the patient’s ability to cope with
the current health situation.
• Collaborate with the appropriate health care professionals in implementing a plan of care appropriate to the current situation. Obtain medical records as necessary to facilitate care and nursing decisions.
• Implement appropriate patient education programs to meet the individual health care needs.
• Record nursing care using the appropriate documentation – computer, IDX, or progress notes.
• Evaluates customer service objectives and continually works for improvement in customer satisfaction.
• Continually evaluates patient flows and provides intervention to facilitate patient flow to an optimum time line.
• Serves as a role model for professional behavior in the delivery of patient care.
• Communicates any potential adverse situations in a prompt ant timely manner to supervisory staff for immediate intervention. Keeps supervisory staff aware of any problems that have occurred within the area of responsibility.
• Demonstrates excellent communication and problem solving skills with all staff, patients, providers and others by using a positive team centered approach.
• Anticipates potential problems/obstacles in daily operations and intervenes effectively. Makes suggestion for improving operations and implementing efforts to improve the quality of care in a cost-effective manner.
• Provides for training and orientation of new staff members.
• Ensures and promotes compliance with all departmental and MFA policies including but not limited to the following:
• Standards regarding training, professional development, communication, and management of workload.
• OSHA/safety and emergency policies and procedures
• All other duties as assigned.