||Research Assistant - Emergency Medicine
||To participate in assigned clinical research projects and activities with primary functions devoted to data collection, informed consent, and data review in an emergency department setting. Position start date is ongoing and the number of hours of work each week will range from 1 to 24 hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Provide daily research support for the assigned research projects and related activities, including informed consent, enrollment, data collection, data entry, management, and review.
• Assist in developing research study procedures and policies.
• Conduct computerized and on-line research as needed to support the research project.
• Extract clinical information from subjects’ medical records after receiving training.
• Supervise undergraduate students who will be involved in clinical research activities.
• Attend mandatory educational curriculum and supervisory meetings as scheduled.
||The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates must be currently enrolled or graduated from college or graduate school in good academic standing. Undergraduate students, pre-health students, post-baccalaureate students are encouraged to apply.
Prior experience in quantitative and qualitative research preferred but not required, including patient interaction, thematic coding of qualitative data, survey design, administration, and quantitative analysis.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must have strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people at various levels within and outside the Medical Faculty Associates (MFA). Must be able to do math calculations and input data into the computer.