||Registered Nurse – Qatar – International position
The George Washington University Medical Faculty Associates (MFA) is a subcontractor for a government contract with ITT that provides health care services for Troop Medical Clinic (TMC), Camp As Sayliyah, Qatar (ASG-QA-TMC) APO AE 09898.
The Registered Nurse position will provide nursing coverage 24 hours a day 7 days a week for the ASG-QA-TMC subcontract. Nurses will manage and coordinate patient care in the clinic and the host nation medical facilities. The position will perform a full range
of clinical nursing duties within the scope of a Registered Nurse on site using government furnished supplies, facilities, and equipment within the Troop Medical Clinic. Workload occurs as a result of scheduled and unscheduled requirements for interface and
liaison duties with host nation medical facilities to ensure authorized beneficiaries are properly cared for in the host nation medical care system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Covers the Immunization Clinic (SHOTEXs conducted outside of the clinic), Audiology Clinic, Nutritional Counseling and Smoking Cessation Counseling.
2. Assesses the physical, functional, social, and psychological needs of patients. Identifies a comprehensive medical plan. Implements the plan in coordination with the Director of Health Services, healthcare providers and the Medical Services Manager.
3. Recommends referrals to the Physician Assistant, Supervising Physician and/or Director of Health Services for treatment at appropriate host nation or other facilities. Facilitates access and communication when host nation facilities are involved. Monitors
host nation facilities activities to ensure that services are being delivered and meet the needs of the patient. Coordinates services when other requirements are needed.
4. Monitors the health care plan provided by host nation medical facilities to ensure effectiveness and appropriateness.
5. Acts as patient advocate and assists with problem solving when interfacing with host nation medical facilities.
6. Serves in several areas of responsibilities within the Troop Medical Clinic such as the outpatient clinic, ward, acute care room, and other clinical areas as needed.
7. Takes and records blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature, height, and weight. Assists with sick call and appointment requirements.
8. Monitors intravenous fluids, obtains routine specimens for laboratory analysis and performs standard tests, to include point of service labs (UA, glucose checks, etc) as well as electrocardiograms (ECG) when needed.
9. Provides personal care to include ensuring that equipment and supplies available in the clinic area to support patient care.
10. During examination and treatment of patients, positions and drapes the patient, selects instruments, sets up equipment and instruments, and hands instruments to physician as indicated.
11. Applies and removes bandages, binders, simple dressings, and hot/cold packs.
12. Administers and monitors effectiveness of medications given.
13. Assists the Director of Health Services, Supervising Physician or Physician Assistant by preparing the patient for examination, treatment or procedure and assists in maintaining patient safety, privacy and the passing of instruments and the preparation
of specimens for the lab.
14. Monitors status of patient while waiting for care as well as during treatment and post treatment to recognize changes in condition and report pertinent data of condition, medication and/or treatment.
15. Responds to emergency situations within the clinic by initiating appropriate BLS action and, if ACLS certified, ACLS action.
16. Prepares and administers medications ordered by a licensed healthcare provider.
17. Performs nursing care and the other patient care services as dictated by a licensed healthcare provider.
18. Obtains and documents patient and pertinent family history.
19. Assists in providing technical supervision to medics and ancillary medical personnel and ensures proper and complete discharge of the physician’s or the physician assistant’s orders on patient care and treatment.
20. Charts nursing observations and ensures record is complete with all procedures and test results recorded.
21. Explains procedures and treatments to patients and others to allay apprehension and gain cooperation and support.
22. Performs duties as host nation medical facility liaison.
23. Nurses will also be required to accompany ambulance transport on a case-by-case basis as directed by a healthcare provider.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Must possess a US Passport. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is preferred. Requires Nurse Licensure to ensure understanding of pathophysiology, treatment, and normal response to therapeutic interventions. US citizen with an active/unrestricted/valid RN
nursing license. Have and maintain a current state licensure in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S Virgin Islands. Ability to speak Arabic is an attribute.
Experience 5 years employment as a nurse, o which has practiced a minimum of 2 years in the last 3 years. Must be capable of dealing with multiple problems simultaneously. Must be capable of operating a personal computer equipped with Microsoft software. Must
be able to produce “Word” documents and “Excel” spreadsheets. Must have experience using electronic medical record systems, preferably AHLTA.
Competencies Ability to input data into the computer, and analyze data as requested. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations.
Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
The RN position is supervised by the Charge RN and periodically supervised by the Supervising Physician. The Charge RN position reports to the Medical Services Manager (MSM); and clinically to the Supervising Physician.
||Send This Job to a Friend