||Statistician - Administration
The individual in this position will conduct and coordinate complex cross-functional analysis of research related health care data and/or administrative data to identify outcomes and trends, interpret and explain results, and discover opportunities for improvement.
He/she will be proficient in both data aggregation, in order to interpret data, communicate actionable findings, and provide recommendations as appropriate to study teams. This individual will have experience with multivariate statistical procedures and the
ability to apply statistical and methodological knowledge to a wide range of projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
• Follow up on the development and implementation of new statistical and data management methodologies which will improve current/future decision making or divisional/corporate business processes, and on the statistical/data management related regulatory requirements
and practices. May provide specialized training in an area of technical, professional or business expertise.
• Understand and adhere to divisional SOPs and guidelines.
• Provide statistical and programming input into database and proposal design for assigned projects, and under the supervision of the Lead Biostatistician, help in development, validation and testing of the study databases.
• Provide data management services for assigned projects.
• Validate the accuracy, consistency and integrity of the statistical output generated during data analysis of study data.
• Perform statistical data analyses. Write statistical and data management sections of the joint medical and statistical Study Reports for assigned projects.
• Participate in assigned projects by applying project management skills, statistical and data management techniques to facilitate better decision making, improve business operations and discover, improve, develop or defend new or existing products.
• Plan, develop and monitor timelines for statistical and data management activities in accordance with medical/clinical activities for assigned projects. Jointly with the supervision of the Lead Biostatistician, assess statistical and data management resource
needs and manage the assigned resources.
• Extracts, transforms and summarizes administrative healthcare data.
• Education/experience in statistical analysis including parametric testing with an understanding of data warehousing and relational database concepts is a plus.
• Interprets and presents findings from statistical reports.
• Writes and presents health care related publications/reports based on quantitative data.
• Provides ongoing communication on project status, results and conclusions from analyses.
• Analyzes and interpret statistical data in order to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
• Applies sampling techniques or utilize complete enumeration bases in order to determine and define groups to be surveyed.
• Designs research projects that apply valid scientific techniques and utilize information obtained from baselines or historical data in order to structure uncompromised and efficient analyses.
• Develops and tests experimental designs, sampling techniques, and analytical methods.
• Evaluates sources of information in order to determine any limitations in terms of reliability or usability.
• Evaluates the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data in order to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
• Examines theories, such as those of probability and inference in order to discover mathematical bases for new or improved methods of obtaining and evaluating numerical data.
• Identifies relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
• Plans data collection methods for specific projects, and determines the types and sizes of sample groups to be used.
• Processes large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis, using computers.
• Reports results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
• Develops an understanding of fields to which statistical methods are to be applied in order to determine whether methods and results are appropriate.
• Prepares data for processing by organizing information, checking for any inaccuracies, and adjusting and weighting the raw data.
• Supervises and provide instructions for workers collecting and tabulating data.
||The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Master of Science in Statistics or Master of Public Health-level education required.
Experience Internships in industry and health care settings using statistics and conducting literature searches and summarizing results. Experience in a variety of settings including university, government, and industry, using statistics in real-world settings.
In depth and/or expert knowledge and experience in computer use. Knowledge of SAS, Python, R and at least 1 other programming language (e.g., SQL, C++).
Functional supervision is received from Lead Biostatistician, MFA.
||Send This Job to a Friend