||Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner – Emergency Medicine
||The George Washington University Medical Faculty Associates, the largest multi-specialty physician practice in the Washington, DC area, is hiring a Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner for the Department of Emergency Medicine.
Our Department of Emergency Medicine staffs three DC Metro area. Our mid-level providers play an integral role in multiple medical education programs.
Applicants with at least 1 year of emergency medicine experience are preferred, however new grads will be considered. The applicant should possess a solid emergency medicine knowledge base and excellent communication skills. Applicant must have or be able to
obtain DC licensure, CDS / DEA numbers, and hospital credentials.
MFA offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. For more information and to apply, please visit our website at www.gwdocs.com EOE.
The NP /PA will be credentialed according to the medical staff regulations of the hospital in which they work. When working in the ED, they will be under the supervision of an appropriately credentialed ED attending physician. The attending physician will be
expected to see all patients and countersign all records and orders generated by NP/PA’s
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs evaluation and problem identification of patients.
• Performs history and physical examination of patients.
• Order and interpret laboratory data and radiological tests.
• Monitor patient status and response to treatments.
• Adequately document findings in the ED medical record.
• Recommend appropriate therapeutic interventions.
• Interact with consultants as appropriate.
• Provide education and counseling for patients.
• Order appropriate therapeutic interventions.
• Supervise health science and medical students as appropriate.
• Perform procedures for which practitioner is credentialed as dictated by patient need.
• Interact with nursing and technologist staff.
• Participate in the educational programs of the Department.
• Participate in Departmental quality assurance, risk management, and compliance efforts.