||Clinical Nurse III - OB/GYN
Provides daily supervision, guidance and ongoing training for the staff of the call center providing urgent care appointments and medical advice and telephone triage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Perform telephone triage for Department of Ob/Gyn
a) To give advice to patients via telephone and in office
b) To assess the needs of patients via telephone
c) To handle calls in order of priority
d) To make appointments whenever necessary
e) To assist with referrals from outside physicians
f) To redirect calls when appropriate
g) To work directly with other support staff to handle problems
2. Demonstrate superior customer service skills and assists with staff to develop these skills.
3. Obtain and evaluate the ACD phone productivity reports to support staffing decisions and to maximize productivity of all clinical staff.
4. Anticipate potential problems/delays in patient access to phone lines and intervene by adjusting staff assignments accordingly.
5. Develop triage protocols to optimize efficient safe service and teach these protocols to others.
6. Develops appropriate educational tools and implements them for maintaining competency-based evaluations of phone room staff.
7. Provide input in developing and cross-training staff.
8. Communicates any potential adverse situations in a prompt and timely manner to supervisory staff for immediate intervention.
9. Keeps management staff aware of any problems that have occurred.
10. Actively participates in developing and implementing efforts to improve quality of care.
11. Prepares and analzyes reports needed for the department.
12. Acts as a role model for professional behavior and customer service excellence.
13. Ensures and promotes compliance with all departmental and MFA policies including but not limited to the following:
- Maintains standards regarding training, professional development, communication and management of workload.
- OSHA/safety and emergency policies and procedures.
14. All other duties as assigned to include, but not limited to:
Rotate to clinical area if needed.
Provide patient care if needed.
Assist with patient teaching.
Assist physicians with day to day patient care:
Taking histories and assessing reason for visit.
Assist with procedures and treatments
Provide patient teaching when necessary
Records nursing care using appropriate documentation.
Other Related Duties:
Dependent upon area of assignment performs all, or a combination of, the following:
Uses advanced nursing knowledge and the nursing process to:
Assess factors of the patient’s past and present physical, psychosocial, and cultural baseline, health problems, and external support systems which may impact on his/her ability to cope with current health situation.
Develop a nursing plan which is directed toward the optimal resolution of nursing diagnoses and prevention of future problems.
Evaluates and document a patient’s progress toward goals.
Collaborates with the appropriate health care professionals in implementing a comprehensive plan of care.
Provide an individualized plan of nursing care which assists the patient in maximizing participation in his/her care.
Collaborate with physician to revise the nursing plan of care and/ or goals as necessary.
Implement appropriate patient education programs to meet individual health care needs.
Demonstrates administrative and clinical leadership skills by:
Supervising medical assistants in planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care.
Identifying and correcting situations not in accord with departmental policies and Procedures.
Evaluating staffing requirements and patient needs when in charge of the unit during specified work period.
Serving as a role model in the area of professional behavior.
Precepting and orienting staff to policy, procedure and clinical situations under direction of nurse manager.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Current D.C. Licensure as a registered nurse or evidence of application for licensure in D.C. and current out-of-state is required.
Experience Over three (3) years of clinical experience in an acute care setting, or over five (5) years of clinical experience in multiple practice areas of medicine. Demonstrated ability to problem-solve in complex, dynamic situations. Demonstrated supervisory
ability in a multidisciplinary medical setting is required. Experience in using a computerized system. Knowledge of IDX patient scheduling/registration is preferred.
Competencies Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of
General supervision from the Clinical Nurse Manager