||Project Specialist - Surgery
||Assist Practice Group Administrator/Operations Manager in administering department projects requiring the coordination of several departments/areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
• Reviews projects to assure compliance with departmental guidelines. Reports project status to appropriate personnel.
• Provides support and assistance with activities associated with various departments/areas as assigned.
• Develops and evaluates policies or procedures to ensure completion of the projects.
• Process and track accounts payable/reimbursements
• Performs research to collect, analyze and present substantive information for departmental projects.
• Coordinates project status meetings as deemed necessary.
• Assist with the training of new providers/groups on Touchworks (IT issues).
• Participates in group meetings with contributing centers, departments, and statistical groups to solve problems and report findings.
• Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to ensure improvements in efficiency within the department and across the organization
• Confers with management to address and resolve issues; as well as implement proactive business solutions.
• Secures resources to achieve the goals and objectives of the project.
• Prepares and presents project reports for the Practice Group Administrator and others as necessary.
• Demonstrates professionalism in all forms of communications.
• Highly organized
• Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and customer
• Strong proficiency with MS Office products and other work management
collaboration and efficiency tools
• Other duties as assigned.
||The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field or an equivalent combination of training is necessary.
At least one year of responsible administration experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to assist in defining, leading, and executing multiple projects simultaneously. Strong proficiency with MS Office product, other work management
collaboration and efficiency tools a plus.