||Administrative Assistant - Newborn Services
To perform administrative assistance, related clerical duties for the department manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Conduct literature review, collect data and edit manuscripts.
2. Help with IRB and grant applications.
3. Coordinate research students activities
4. Composes and prepares routine correspondence for the department.
5. Answers telephone and give information to callers or routes call to appropriate person and places outgoing calls.
6. Schedules appointments and arranges travel schedules and reservations.
7. Process faculty physicians and appropriate MFA staff to setting up files; helping maintain copies of current licensure.
8. Assists the department in the annual capital and annual budget processes.
9. Monitors and participates in answering of inquiries from students, University staff, sponsors or general public; normally handles more complex inquiries personally.
Other Related Duties
Administers specific functions on behalf of department manager.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education BA or BS in health sciences related field (required)
Master degree holder or current students in public health or health sciences (preferred)
Experience Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power point experience is required. Experience with research activities, statistical analysis (SAS/ SPSS) is preferred
3 years of secretarial experience, including at least six months of business administration experience is necessary. Excellent word processing skills are necessary.
Competencies Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must have
strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people at various levels within and outside the MFA.
Administrative and functional supervision is received from the Department Manager.