||Patient Service Specialist - Metro IPC
Greets patients; schedules and registers MFA patients; performs payment collection process; and provides other administrative and customer-related duties including but not limited to in-processing and out-processing support as needed to provide an excellent
experience for MFA patients and support for providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Greets and directs patients for appointments, tests, referrals and information utilizing effective customer relations skills and telephone techniques.
2. Schedules patient appointments, tests and procedures using a computerized scheduling system; prepares appointment notices; schedules physician referrals inside and outside the MFA; provides patient instructions verbally or in writing in order for patient
to prepare for appointment.
3. Obtains documents and verifies patient demographic, financial and insurance information using a computerized scheduling system.
4. Performs pre-registration activities to gather demographic information; determines medical insurance coverage; identifies patients with delinquent accounts; confirms appointments; and registers patients into a computerized system.
5. Performs patient appointment maintenance activities, as necessary, to assure patient appointment history is accurate.
6. Works with patients on unpaid balances from previous visits prior to scheduling subsequent appointments.
7. Collects payment due at time of appointment as well as payments for unpaid balances; prepares receipts for all monies collected; provides copies for reception area, billing office and the patient.
8. Prints forms or reminder cards necessary to facilitate the patient encounter and daily operations.
9. Works with physicians, providers, and clinical staff to facilitate the patient encounter and departmentally assigned responsibilities.
10. Assists in answering inquiries regarding services and provides information regarding procedures, rules and regulations pertaining to assigned clinical area.
11. Provides indigent patients with lists of alternative medical resources.
12. Other duties as assigned and/or needed.