||Audiologist - Surgery
||Position Summary: Washington, DC and Reston, VA
Administer diagnostic audiologic tests including hearing tests, ABR, VNG, ECOG, and VEMP tests. The Audiologist will provide hearing aid selection and fittings. He or she will counsel patients regarding test results and reviews options which best meet their
hearing care needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) testing, Videonystagmography (VNG), Electrocochleography (ECoG), Immittance measurements, Audiologic Evaluations.
• Provides amplification services including hearing aid assessment, hearing fittings, real ear measurements, and troubleshooting, and follow ups
• Cochlear Implant candidacy evaluation, device selection, activation, and follow up appointments
• Assist with development and growth of the cochlear implant center.
• Osseointegrated device evaluation, selection, activation, and follow up appointments.
• Dix-Hallpike and Epley maneuvers
• Coordinates and interprets test results.
• Consults with and makes recommendation on hearing disorders to physicians.
• Coordinates care with physicians and other providers
• Completes chart notes for each patient seen and sends written report to referring physician and primary care physician
• Maintains positive relationships with various vendors
• Provides excellent patient care and maintains good public relations
• Occasional opportunities to lead education in-services for medical residents or present lectures on audiology-related topics
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate results and recommendation to other members
• Performs all other miscellaneous duties and assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to travel to our Reston, VA
AuD or Masters Degree in Audiology, ASHA certification in audiology or eligible. Must have a current DC Audiology license.
Three years audiology experience required with diagnostic, hearing aid, cochlear implant, and vestibular testing experience. Must be dependable and organized. Bilingualism is a plus.
Ability to input data into the computer, and analyze data as requested. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally
adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
General supervision is received weekly to monthly from a physician/administrator.
||Send This Job to a Friend