||The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
1. Execute the development of business-critical applications from concept to deployment by gathering and evaluating requirements, architecting the solution, building the code, and testing to meet or exceed quality standards using established process methodologies and tools.
2. Collaborate with Project Managers/Business Analysts and end-users to define and document requirements using established processes and tools given scope constraints.
3. Translate requirements to design, architect and document systems, and write code that is stable, reusable, scalable and simple.
4. Proactively monitor, maintain and enhance existing systems to increase functionality and optimize performance.
5. Expected to gain an intimate knowledge of the business by learning through a mix of project work, partnering with business users, and seeking out learning opportunities.
6. Solve business needs with initiative, sound judgment, a strong technical mind, attention to detail, and exceptional customer service.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum 1 year experience designing, developing and deploying web-based, multi-tiered business software solutions.
3. Minimum 1 year experience designing, developing and optimizing MS SQL databases.
4. Must be detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively.
5. Strong debugging, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
6. A professional demeanor with a high degree of flexibility, responsiveness and self-direction.
8. Additional desired skills: Oracle, TFS, jQuery, HTML5, IIS 6/7, iOS development.
9. Experience with “Project Management Body of Knowledge” or “Design for Six Sigma” a plus.
10. Minimal travel required.
We offer competitive wages, paid training, paid holidays & comprehensive benefits package including 401k, medical, dental and life insurance.
The David J. Joseph Company is an EEO/AA employer who encourages females, minorities, veterans, and the disabled to apply.