||Position Summary: The Controller assumes the responsibility for ensuring the competency of him/herself and those individual employed under his/her direction; and as appropriate to his/her responsibilities. Responsible for twenty-four hours accountability
and responsibility for the operation of the Accounting department. This include fiscal and human resources management, daily administration of the scheduled workload and coordination of resources. Acts as resource for equipment and staffing problem resolution.
Controller provide effective leadership through organizing, directing, and staffing services in a manner that is commensurate with the scope of services offered. Assumes responsibility for the administrative direction in the department. Assumes responsibility
for the administrative direction in the department.
1. Ability to meet minimum hospital hiring standards.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a Master’s degree preferred.
3. At least three to five years experience in healthcare accounting (or comparable industry) with three years experience managing a professional accounting staff.
4. Must be knowledgeable in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, with a CPA preferred, and the use of personal computers automated accounting systems.
5. Must have a proven background overseeing accounting processes and systems. Finally, they must show a proven experience providing professional recommendations to the leadership team.
Essential Job Functions:*
1. Performs accounting functions in compliance with corporate guidelines and GAAP principles.
2. Possesses knowledge of corporate general ledger system and business objects query databases.
3. Possesses knowledge of the accounts payable, payroll, and analyst functions and is able to assist when necessary.
4. Receives favorable internal and external audits.
5. Prepares and inputs journal entries at the time of occurrence and prior to preliminary close.
6. Reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts are completed/approved in a timely and accurate manner and variances are recorded prior to preliminary close when required and all other reconciling items are resolved within approved specifications.
7. Maintains fixed asset schedule.
8. Assists in month end financial packet preparation, projection and budget preparation.
9. Has oversight for the annual financial audit and other audits / reviews (i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, PERS, & etc.).
10. Coordinates and prepares timely and accurate data for the annual Medicare and Medicaid cost reports.
11. Coordinates, consolidates, prepares and presents the annual financial gadget.
12. Prepares and manages budget for General Accounting department.
13. Establishes department objectives, policies and procedures and evaluates their effectiveness.
14. Emphasizes teamwork and encourages the CQI process.
15. Keeps current on regulatory changes regarding the general accounting and patient accounting.
16. Coordinates testing of updates to Meditech SCH and ESS computer modules and communicates changes to personnel and trains when necessary.
17. Trains hospital management on financial concepts and procedures
18. Is a member of the Revenue Cycle Task Force and assists with all elements of the revenue cycle.
19. As a part of the Collection Committee, reviews accounts from the hospital, and physician offices on a monthly basis for collection action.
20. Assures confidentiality for all patient/customer information.
21. Provides services in compliance with all State and Federal laws governing the Hospital’ operations. Analyzes financial and statistical data and prepares comprehensive financial reports.
22. Provides financial projections, trends and recommendations to management.
23. Monitor, reviews and/or audits accounting data
24. Participates in other hospital committees and teams as appropriate
25. Performs other duties as assigned
||Send This Job to a Friend