1. Ability to meet minimum hospital hiring standards.
2. WA Nursing Assistant certification
3. AHA Healthcare BLS
4. Certified Nursing Aide certification
Essential Job Functions*:
1. Recognizes and informs appropriate licensed staff of signs and symptoms of complications or change in status per department and hospital policies.
2. Sets appropriate priorities for care.
3. Contributes to a safe and healthy work environment by removing hazards, keeping unit/work area neat and orderly, and identifying/reporting potential patient/staff safety issues. Participates in organization-wide and department activities to help assure and
improve patient comfort, safety, and care. Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
4. Maintains compliance with regulatory requirements, including all state, joint commission, and federal regulations in area of practice, including National Patient Safety Goals and Core Measures.
5. Addresses the needs of the patient/family in a prompt and caring manner. Consistently does hourly rounding on all assigned patients.
6. Understands and uses Cardiac Monitoring Equipment to record information. Responds to life threatening situations and rhythms appropriately.
7. Documents thoroughly, following regulatory and hospital requirements, assuring timelines, accuracy and completeness. Consistently documents on each patient per policy and department expectations.
8. Accepts personal accountability for own professional development. Assumes the responsibility for clinical competency and professional development. Contributes to the professional development of peers / colleagues and others. Actively seeks knowledge and
skills appropriate to the practice setting.