||Respiratory Care Practitioner
||Position Summary: The Respiratory Care Practitioner assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the therapeutic use of self, respiratory therapy modalities, and the
environment/instrumentation in conjunction with other healthcare members.
1. High School Diploma or GED Required; 2 year Associate Degree preferred
2. WA State Respiratory Care Practitioner License
3. AHA Healthcare BLS
4. AHA Healthcare ACLS
5. AHA Healthcare PALS
6. NRP Certification
Essential Job Functions*:
1. Provides patient education and training bases on patient’s need and abilities, documents patient’s age appropriate response to learning in accordance with hospital policy.
2. Identifies intervention based on standards or respiratory practice, policies and procedures, and professional knowledge; evaluates efficacy of therapy / diagnostic procedure, modifying / adapting to insure patient’s needs are met.
3. Performs well in stressful and emergency situations. Recognizes emergency situations, initiate codes, perform first aid / CPR as needed.
4. Demonstrates a proficiency in the use of Meditech information system, charting and billing in accordance with hospital policy.
5. Demonstrates ability to give a concise accurate report in a timely manner, relaying pertinent information.
6. Performs daily Quality Controls on the blood gas analyzers in accordance with hospital policy. Maintains equipment and supplies, insuring readiness for use.
7. Demonstrates competency in the drawing, running, resulting, and interpretation of ABG’s, VBG’s, CBG’s.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by department manager in a timely manner. Stays current and proficient with the latest technology, procedures, and therapy.
||Send This Job to a Friend