||PATIENT SUPPORT REP - OFIM
||Position Summary: The Patient Support Registration must be friendly, cheerful and professional with a strong work ethic and excellent communication and people skills. This person must speak and understand English fluently and understand alphabetical and
numerical filing systems. The Patient Support Registration understands medical terminology. The Patient Support Registration is a fast learner, able to quickly and clearly understand clinic guidelines and procedures relating to patient service, telephone management
and scheduling. The Patient Support Registration is responsible for accurate data entry. The Patient Support Registration follows all federal and state laws regarding the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) with special regards to patient
privacy. The Front Desk work area is a fast-paced environment and the Patient Support Registration must have the initiative to perform multiple tasks in a busy atmosphere. Contact with the Patient Support Registration is the first impression which patients
receive of our clinic and so, they communicate well and have the ability to listen to patient requests and provide assistance. The Patient Support Registration looks professional by adhering to the clinic dress code.
The Patient Support Registration is under the direct supervision of the Front Desk Supervisor and the Clinic Manager. The Patient Support Registration may access the patient electronic medical record (EMR) to the extent of viewing and printing patient demographic
and medical records for the purpose of locating files, answering patient inquiries, printing records and scanning records.
1. Ability to meet minimum hospital hiring standards.
2. High school or GED equivalent education.
3. One year of experience
Essential Job Functions*:
1. Performs well in stress and emergency situations. Answer telephones, direct calls to appropriate departments, take and deliver messages to the appropriate party. Assist other Patient Support Registrations as needed.
2. Greet patients, check patients in for appointments and register new patients into EMR. Able to register patients into the hospital registration system, when necessary. Update patient information in EMR. Responsible for the collection of completed and required
registration and consent forms. Responsible for collection of patient identification documents and insurance documents.
3. The Patient Support Registration has knowledge of the HIPAA laws and has the ability to answer patient questions regarding HIPAA; in particular, the ability to answer patient questions concerning various forms which require patient signatures.
4. Schedule, re-schedule and cancel patient appointments with the various OFIM Providers while stationed at the check-in and check-out desks. Daily telephone confirmation to remind patients of upcoming visits. Check patients out of the office upon completion
of the visit, schedule return appointments, and enter recall appointment information into the EMR system for future mailing.
5. Responsible for contents of locked cash box and opening cash. Prepare Daily Cash Report at the beginning of the day in preparation for cash receipts. Count cash at mid-day and log on to Daily Cash Report. Responsible for collection of office visit copayments,
patient portions and private pay accounts at the time of service. Responsible for completion of Daily Cash Report and cash count at the end of the day and the subsequent drop of daily cash receipts into the clinic safe.
6. Distribute incoming reports brought by couriers to the appropriate OFIM providers and assistants. Stock office supplies and prepare monthly Inventory/Order list of office supplies. Assist in scanning forms and patient medical records into EMR. Assist in
mailing out monthly patient statements. Assist in sending out mass patient mailings. Assist in running mail through postage meter. File monthly Member listings sent to us by various insurance companies. Assist in sending out recall letters to patients for
7. Responsible for preparation of referral requests for Managed Care Insurance plans during weekly rotation at the Front Desk. Coordinate referral issues by working closely with OFIM Providers, Assistants and Insurance Companies and networks. Obtain prior authorization
from insurance companies for consultant visits, procedures, surgeries and medical equipment and supplies. Coordinate referrals with consultants' offices and the patient. Assist patients by answering questions concerning referral policies. Update Provider Lists
for referrals. Attend periodic informational meetings with various insurance companies and networks to stay abreast of new referral policies. Communicate new policies and procedures to OFIM providers and staff .
8. Close up the clinic at the end of the day/evening. Log off all computers. Lock doors. Straighten up Waiting Room. Turn off equipment and lights. Miscellaneous tasks as requested by Front Desk Supervisor and Clinic Mgr.
||Send This Job to a Friend