Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
System Director of Student Success, Persistence, and Advisement
Minimum Education Level
The System Director of Student Success, Persistence, and Advisement is responsible for leading and facilitating measurable persistence initiatives to assure achievement of student outcomes metrics related to program completion; graduation. The director is responsible for facilitating persistence to graduation initiatives; systemic in nature, and for monitoring campus related student success, persistence and advisement plans and processes. The System Director of Student Success, Persistence and Advisement is also responsible for on-going monitoring and system oversight of the College-wide continuing registration process, advisor development, student support services, ADA compliance, and assessment of success model effectiveness.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create annual system-level retention plan, to be interpreted and applied at campus/market level.
2. Working with campus and system associates, define parameters to assure systems, processes and targeted initiatives are implemented and measured to attain graduation (student outcomes) metrics.
3. Assist campus/market leadership to interpret graduation and student outcomes parameters and goals to assure full implementation of plans that will result in achievement of defined outcomes
4. Use tools and data available (and assist in the development of additional tools) and work with the assessment department to monitor, analyze, assess, and recommend action relative to student outcomes related performance (within term, between term, by program, day v. eve, demographic, etc.).
5. Implement and adjust as needed advisement structure, philosophy and related onboarding and training plans.
6. Assist in hiring, training, and development of Deans of Student Services.
7. Work with underperforming campuses relative to improving student persistence, success and graduation. Facilitate (in-person and peer related) site visits to campuses/markets that are not achieving minimum persistence/graduation goals/metrics.
8. Schedule and facilitate bi-weekly student persistence and continuing enrollment conference calls to share best practices, discuss (and adjust if necessary) qualitative and quantitative benchmarks, and assist campuses and system project, plan for, and anticipate persistence and graduation results.
9. Facilitate transition, implementation and ongoing development of virtual/web-based advisement; system-wide.
10. Write and communicate weekly enrollment summary including executive briefing notes.
11. Plan for and facilitate awards ceremonies.
Knowledge and Experience
1. Successful student outcomes related experience within an educational setting.
2. Proven ability to lead, manage, coach, develop, and train managers.
3. Proven track record of analysis and the ability to anticipate and adjust plans (when necessary) to assure outcomes are met.
4. Experience working effectively in a decentralized environment.
5. Excellent communication skills.
6. Strong computer and technical skills and the ability to analyze data.
7. Masters degree required with 5-7 years of relevant experience in an academic setting.
1. College Core Competencies of Accountability, Relationship Management, Values
2. College Core Leader Competencies of Strategic Alignment and Emotional Intelligence
3. System Office Core Competencies of Influencing, Professional Related Acumen, Customer Service
4. Ability to effectively facilitate and manage change
5. Ability to communicate effectively
6. Ability to think strategically
7. Ability to provide effective leadership and develop others
Send This Job to a Friend