Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Learning Lab Coordinator
• Provide tutoring and workshops in the areas of Math, English, Computer skills.
• Coordinate tutoring services (including training and developing student peer tutors).
• Assist at-risk students to remain in classes and succeed academically.
• Work collaboratively with the Librarian.
• Advise students concerning scheduling and program changes
• Assist the Dean in coordinating an effective retention program
• Demonstrate procedure for ordering books, using email, accessing Banner SSB, and Smarthinking to students.
• Assist in providing testing services, including proctoring, as needed; administer Compass testing.
• Facilitate communication among students, faculty, advisors, and administrators to support achievement of successful student outcomes.
• Assist with Library coverage as needed.
• Teach one or more sections of the First Year Experience course.
• Assist campus-based students taking on-line courses.
• Encourage and assist the formation of study groups.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
• Master’s degree in Education, Mathematics, or English preferred.
• Experience in advising and teaching at the college level with a minimum of two years working with at-risk students preferred.
• Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Adaptable with a positive attitude.
• Must be highly organized.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office 2007, Banner, and use of on-line instruction.
• Ability to work unsupervised and meet goals.
Send This Job to a Friend