||Sr. Manager of Communications
||COMPANY OVERVIEW: Catholic Charities is the social ministry outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. We believe in strengthening the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers and hope that lasts. Catholic Charities works to create a world in
which every person is cherished, regardless of individual limitations, and strengthened in the use of personal gifts in order to reach his or her full potential as a valued member of the community. We are looking for exceptional people who share our vision
Inspiring Hope. Building Futures.
JOB SUMMARY: We are seeking a DYNAMIC and DEDICATED Senior Communications Manager to join our Marketing and Communications team!!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• With the Vice President of Communications, creates and implements a strategic Communications Plan and an annual communications/public relations work plan, editorial calendar and related budget to advance the mission of Catholic Charities among its various
• Develops relationships with key media personalities to drive greater coverage of ongoing service delivery and to create greater understanding of the organizational mission and exemplary service to those in need.
• Proactively pitches stories to key local, regional, and when appropriate, national media concerning the agency in general, its leadership and programmatic experts and various programs in the regions on a regular basis.
• Represents Catholic Charities at appropriate functions, events and meetings to develop community relationships that benefit the Agency. These opportunities include, but are not limited to, press conferences, media events, and speaking engagements. Serves
as a key spokesperson and as a connector to our knowledgeable executive team and programmatic experts.
• Develops promotional strategies to enhance the Agency’s participation in the Combined Federal Campaign/United Way Campaign and other annual fundraising campaigns.
• Coordinates and produces accurate and timely assets that promote, educate about and celebrate the work of the Agency, including but not limited to the Annual Report, multiple issues of the Agency newsletter, brochures, videos, media releases, public service
and paid advertising, testimony, scripts, speeches and briefings for senior level staff.
• Works closely to support the needs of the executive team on tasks that include, but may not be limited to, speech writing, media talking points, messaging matrices, internal/external stakeholder communications and special projects as assigned.
• With the executive team and the Vice President of Communications and Events, manages crisis communications planning and execution, and support programs in evaluating media risks.
• Collaborates with programs on a regular basis to pro-actively identify client testimonies for success stories that can be used for events, media, newsletters and other promotional materials.
• Coordinates photographic coverage of Agency special events and maintains the photographic archives.
• Supports the execution of Catholic Charities’ digital strategy when needed and participates in building a digital community of engaged supporters.
• Works in partnership with members of the communications team to support content development and design updates (as needed) for the Catholic Charities’ website (in English and Spanish) with the goal of growing engagement and providing an optimized user experience.
• Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
||EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or relevant field of study.
• Minimum five years of experience in a communications/public relations office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Working knowledge of the greater Washington metropolitan area media is essential.
• Experience in web content creation.
• Strategic mindset and experience to bring a venerable social service agency into the digital age, to benefit both clients and supporters.
• Interest in and understanding of key programmatic areas including homelessness, hunger and other social service issue areas.
• Dynamic oral and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate, clearly, concisely and persuasively.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and complete projects on time and on budget.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend