||COMPANY OVERVIEW: Catholic Charities is the social ministry outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. We believe in strengthening the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers and hope that lasts. Catholic Charities works to create a world in
which every person is cherished, regardless of individual limitations, and strengthened in the use of personal gifts in order to reach his or her full potential as a valued member of the community. We are looking for exceptional people who share our vision
Inspiring Hope. Building Futures.
Catholic Charities is currently seeking a DYNAMIC and experienced Medical Director to oversee the medical programs in both the DC and MD locations.
The Medical Director acts as the senior staff person charged with the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services at Catholic Charities medical clinics.
The Medical Director will supervise the services provided by medical and administrative staff in order to ensure high quality care.
The Medical Director will oversee the clinical operation of the Catholic Charities Healthcare Network and refer clinic patients as needed. In addition, the Medical Director will work to ensure the continued funding of medical services, through generated fees,
grants and contracts as well as working with development staff for fund raising.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide primary, and secondary health care services for clients with acute and chronic illness according to evidence based guidelines and clinic protocols and refer clients for tertiary care as indicated.
• Perform physician duties, including physical assessment, diagnosis, treatment, medication prescription and dispensation, and referral, in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Recruit and hire professional staff.
• Supervise the provision of medical service providing direct supervision to providers.
• Supervise the creation of the budget for the medical clinics and manage the execution of the budget once it is approved.
• Oversee the operation of the CC Healthcare Network.
• Direct and oversee all clinical services, including education, prevention and research.
• Provide continuity of care for patients with acute and chronic illness.
• Provide routine preventive health care services.
• Ensure/facilitate integration of primary care to establish a comprehensive approach to whole health.
Supervise health professional students and health care volunteers.
• Track outcomes and performance as they relate to productivity, grants and contracts.
||EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Physician (MD (medical doctor) or DO (osteopathic doctor))
• Current medical license in MD or DC (dependent on work location)
• Board-eligible or Board-certified in Family or Internal Medicine
• Must meet requirements for credentialing
• Current BLS certification
• Experience in Health-care administration preferred
• Two years professional experience in Charity Care preferred
• At least 12 years experience as a medical doctor, preferably providing healthcare in a community health/primary care setting
• At least 5 years in healthcare management supervising physicians
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend