The Parish Communications Assistant oversees all activities of the church; providing clear communication of ministries, oversees volunteers in the church office, creates weekly bulletins and digital media. The Communications Assistant reports to the Pastor.
This role performs general office work while greeting visitors, answering questions, providing information on topics as they relate to the parish as well as sacramental preparation, and scheduling.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Answering phones, taking messages
• Performing general office duties, maintain files and records; compile records into reports as requested by the Pastor.
• Maintain and update the church calendar and keep the staff informed of activities.
• Inform Parish staff of needs related to Baptisms, quinceaneras, weddings, certificates, illnesses and deaths in addition to sacraments requited by parishioners.
• Arrange for baptismal talks and services with families and baptismal candidates.
• Prepare the Parish Bulletin and Sunday liturgy information each week.
• Distribute mail
• Prepare routine correspondence for approval and signature.
• Prepare information for all parish events and post updates on webpages, weekly bulletins and social media.
||Required Education and Experience
High School diploma. Three to five years of work experience in an office setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Publisher)
• Bilingual Spanish and English
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to work the schedule as required (Hours: Sunday 8am to 3pm, Monday – Friday 6pm to 8pm and 6pm to 9pm on Fridays)
• Must be able to keep information confidential.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part time position – 18 hours per week.
For immediate consideration – email resume to Father Alejandro Diaz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
||Send This Job to a Friend