||Associate Director of the Office of Family Life
||The mission of the Office for Family Life is to serve the Archbishop and the needs of the priests and parishioners in building, strengthening, and supporting a culture of marriage and family life for evangelization in the Archdiocese of Washington.
The Associate Director will be responsible for collaborating with the Director of the Office for Family Life in developing initiatives and strategies to help parishes evangelize and catechize families as domestic churches.
• Teach train-the-trainer sessions in content and methodology for leader couples involved in marriage preparation and coordinate all parochial marriage preparation.
• Collaborate with parish DREs and Marriage Coordinator leaders to establish online networks and in-person communities enabling the sharing of knowledge, ideas, and best practices.
• Provide resources and training for family life ministries as needed, emphasizing in marriage enrichment and chastity education.
• Oversee Diocesan Natural Family Planning Classes and promote (NFP) awareness week within the parishes.
• Organize Annual men and women conferences.
• Lead and host anti-pornography talks for parents and promote anti-pornography awareness week within the Diocese.
• Support healing groups by sponsoring events for separated and divorced Catholics, couples struggling with infertility and caring for families during difficult times.
• Visit parishes to promote and facilitate collaboration to respond to the family needs.
• Train teams of volunteers to support office for family events across the Diocese.
• Coordinate the annual Jubilarian Mass honoring wedding anniversaries.
• Oversee digital communication materials including delivery of monthly newsletters.
• Update website content management to communicate the initiatives for the Office for Family Life
• Represents the Director as needed at events across the diocese.