||Director of Life Issues
||The mission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of this mission, the archdiocese is seeking a Director of Life Issues in the Office of Life Issues.
Director of Life Issues will assist the Assistant Secretary for Life, Dignity and Justice in parish outreach and consultation encompassing life from conception to natural death. Director for Life Issues serves as a catalyst and mentor to regional, parish, and
grassroots pro-life ministry and efforts. With particular emphasis on parish and school consultation and support, development of pastoral materials, identification of resources to support a culture of life, and implementation of the USCCB Pastoral Plan for
Pro-Life activities focusing on four-fold pillars of life.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as supervisor of Project Rachel Ministry staff.
• Oversees department budget and Archdiocesan grant program.
• Coordinates the annual Rally and Mass for Life in partnership with Catholic Youth Organization Inc.
• Serves as a member of the Life, Dignity, and Justice Work team, collaborates on shared projects and events, and participants in appropriate.
• Provides consultation, resource review and development on life issues for parishes and Catholic organizations.
• Supports pastors in the recruitment and mentorship of parish pro-life leaders.
• Assists the Public Policy Office, in mobilizing parish leaders for advocacy.
• Assists in promoting the Maryland March for Life and parish-based 40 Days for Life efforts.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Maintain compliance with all ADW policies and procedures.
||Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate with internal and external to parish leaders, parishioners, and other professionals.
• Desire to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Bilingual Spanish and English preferred.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary pastoral service.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Required Education and Experience
• Masters in Pastoral Ministry, Religious Education, Social Work, Public Policy or related field, or comparable work experience.
• Minimum five years’ experience in parish ministry preferably in prolife issues and training and formation of adults.
• Excellent computer and digital media proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Travel, evening, and weekend work required.
• Must have access to own transportation; travel outside of reach of public transportation is part of the job.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
||Send This Job to a Friend