||Director in the Office of Social Concerns
The mission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of this mission, the archdiocese is seeking a Director of Social Justice. The Director of Social Justice will direct
the programs and activities to promote an understanding among people of the Archdiocese about Catholic Social Teaching, fostering the social mission of the church and working for the common good.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Promote Catholic Social Teaching in the work of the Pastoral Ministry and Social Concerns and works collaboratively within the PMSC and Catholic Charities.
• Develop collaborative models and specialized outreach to engage parishes and schools in the work of the Office and Catholic Social Teachings.
• Develop, implement and review programs, policies and procedures to fulfill the mission of the Office.
• Connect with the USCCB departments of Justice and Peace to promote the US Bishops’ national legislative agenda.
• Collaborate with the Maryland Catholic Conference in advocating for justice and peace issues.
• Collaborate with the Maryland Catholic Ministry Conference in advocating speakers and workshops for justice and peace issues.
• Serve as the diocesan director for the Catholic Campaign for Human Development in overseeing national and local grants.
• Administer and oversee the annual CCHD collection and grant awards and provide direction, supervision and coordination for the ongoing activities of CCHD.
• Provide reports and make recommendations the national CCHD Office.
• Serve as the diocesan director for Catholic Relief Services while overseeing the coordination of CRS programs in the parishes.
• Develop and manage the office budget and its ministries.
• Supervise staff as assigned.
• Support initiatives and advocacy for peace within families, communities and the region.
• Supports and communicate initiatives taken on behalf of peace within the state, nation and world.
• Develop immersion and mission experiences taken on behalf of peace within our state, nation and world.
• Supports Care for Creation
• Work in collaboration with other colleagues in the PMSC toward the implementation of the Secretariat’s pastoral priorities.